- You won’t have to worry about gravity. The 850 pounds of epson salt in the water will take care of that for you while you float on your back.
- The Water is kept at 93.5 degrees. This is the same temperature as the surface of your skin which means you lose track of where your body ends and the water begins.
- Your ears stay just below the water, and the tanks are insulated against sound. Noise from the outside will not reach you.
- After you shut the door and turn off the lights, you float in total darkness.
- For an hour and a half the outside world is gone, and amazing things happen.
- It turns out that when you’re not resisting gravity or constantly taking in information, the resources your body uses to manage your day don’t turn off. They find something else to do and amazing things happen.
- Your mind is free to go where is wants to without distraction. Your brain releases dopamine and endorphins, and your body gets to rest, de-stress, and heal.
- It’s likely to be the most relaxing thing you’ve ever experienced.
- Don’t shave or wax before
- Remove your contacts
- Eat a small meal 1 1/2 hours prior
- Don’t drink caffeine before
Arrive and check in: (You don’t need to bring anything but yourself)
Well cover the basics together and answer any questions.
Then you shower, put in earplugs, and step into the float tank. Close the door behind you. Turn off the lights (if you want to), and float!
After an hour and a half, music will begin to fade in, easing you out of your float. Turn on the lights and step out when you’re ready. Rinse off the salt water in the shower. Get dressed and bask in your post-float glow.
Feel free to find a comfortable spot and stay in the center as long as you want.